John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach® is a triad of treatment. Myofascial Release, Rebounding and Unwinding.
- Rebounding addresses the elastic and fluid components of the fascial system
- By watching the patients body react to the gentle wave-like rocking motion the therapist can assess where fascial restrictions are blocking motion.
- It can reduce holding and subconsciouse bracing patters that other techniques my not directley reach.
- The gentle rocking motion can help facilitate a reorginazation of the energetic, fascial, neruromuscualar and ossious levels
- Unwinding is the bodies ability to self-correct
- The therapist eliminates gravity or creates sustained pressure with in the fascial system
- Allowing the body and mind to release tension, postural imbalances, restricted tissue and in some cases stuck emotions or thought patterns through natural intuitive movement.